Saturday, April 28, 2007

Post Sixteen or Timing

Sgt Dad's Father passed early Thursday morning. What a blessing that Sgt Dad made it home in time to see his father before it was too late. He flew in from Korea landing at 1am Wednesday morning. I took him straight to the hospital as his father was already in hospice care and could receive visitors at any time. It was a good thing too because by midmorning Wednesday he was no longer in a position to communicate and we knew he was in his last days. I'm so glad they go to say their "I love yous".
The wake is Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I'm sorry he's gone and that the boys will not have his influence in their lives. I'm grateful for the assurance that he had his spiritual house in order and I believe we'll meet him again someday.
In the mean time, spring is arriving here in NY and my grass is green and Thursday morning a pair of Mallard ducks were enjoying my pool!
I think it's poetic as we say goodbye to one life that we are prepared to welcome another. Sgt Dad's oldest brother (who happens to be a Jr.) is expecting his second child in the next two weeks. My secret hope is that this one will be a boy and could be named after his father and grandfather, hence being D.R.S. the III. We'll see how sentimental they feel. ;-)

No comments: