Monday, December 24, 2007

Crazy Busy

I have not posted in some time! It seems the day gets away from me lately. Eagle has returned. We celebrated his 18th birthday this past Saturday. I can't believe it! It's great having him back home!
We have a winter storm warning. I am quite hopeful we'll have a great snowy Christmas! Sgt Dad has taken the older two boys snowboarding this evening. Youngest son decided to stay back with me to get the house all spic and span for Christmas. We need to dust, vacuum, and mop. He doesn't know that he's going to get to do all this while listening to Christmas music!
I'm missing Blackie. After having him around for 13 Christmases, knocking down the lower ornaments and pulling off the garland, he is sorely absent.
Sgt Dad and I drove to Wasilla this morning to buy a gift for Oldest Son. This was my first experience actually purchasing something I found on Craigslist. It was pretty good. I imagine the gentleman who posted his item was pretty happy to sell it within 24 hours of posting.
My cell phone is on the fritz and all my phone numbers are stored in it. I wanted to call Mom and Dad but don't know their cell phone numbers! Perhaps tomorrow I'll try my siblings to hunt down their cell numbers. I guess I really should back those numbers up in my address book.
Sometime this week I'll have to update the great fun Eagle had on his return flight. I need to get that cleaning done and cookies baked. I already heard that Santa's been spotted on NORAD's radar............ http://www.noradsanta.org/

3 comments:

cj said...

Ha! I was trying to call you on your cell phone today to wish you a Merry Christmas. And, I was going to ask you for Mom and Dad's cell numbers because they were not correct in my cell phone. Sorry, I won't be of much help to you. I didn't even have your home phone number entered into my cell phone yet. Merry Christmas, anyway. I sure wish that I could enjoy some of your Christmas baking with you!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to All. It's cold and rainy in the South. We had a great lunch with Grandmother and family. We tried to call Karen but they must be in Virginia. We love you guys---send us some snow will ya.

Love,
Susan

The Mama of the House said...

What a crazy year you've had! And I want you to know that my kids and I loved watching Norad's santa project this year. We followed around the globe with comments like, "Santa's in the purple spot, no, Mama!" Yes, Hungary is purple on our world map! :) In a few years it's going to be a bit of a geography project around our house!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!