Saturday, December 8, 2007

This Week

Well, another week has passed. Not much has really gone on here. We are adjusting to Blackie's absence. I still catch myself looking for him for a second now and then. Last night when I was out shopping I was choosing a new toy for Lexi and it crossed my mind that I should get one for Blackie too- just for a split second- before I remembered he didn't need toys anymore. The vet clinic called to tell me his ashes are ready to be picked up but I haven't been able to make myself go get them yet. I guess part of me hasn't really accepted this yet and picking up the ashes will really solidify that he's gone.
Sgt Dad is in Hawaii for another training exercise. I'm sure he's really suffering in the warm sun there. He told me it hasn't really changed much since we were stationed there in the early 90s. Oahu is a small island and they toured it all in one day. They got to go to the Arizona Memorial yesterday which is cool since it was the anniversary. I asked him to drive by our old homes there but he said he can't remember where they are! I think I could still find them. One was an yukky old apartment and the other was an ok townhouse. It was so long ago I guess I can understand his memory lapse.
I am really missing Target and Kohls. Anchorage is kind of small and we don't have all the major retailers here. It certainly could be worse though. I found an item for Sgt Dad that I paid almost as much to ship here as I paid for the item! (I am not sure if he reads the blog so I don't want to post the name of the item; he probably doesn't read it but one never knows!) My younger sons and I got all his Christmas items purchased last night. We'll wrap them and hide them today. It feels good to be done early for a change!
I guess that's all the thinking and blogging for me for today! Have a good one!

1 comment:

cj said...

I'm sure that I would miss Target and Kohl's too. It's not like you to have Christmas shopping done early! You certainly beat me to the finish line this year!