Sunday, December 14, 2008

Drive By

This is a drive-by update.

Tater has dyed his hair black. I'm surprised that it looks nice. Plus that whole vampirish look is in right now (thanks to Twilight). At least he didn't go pink!

Ranger has been enjoying leave. He has been sleeping in late, visiting friends, and a pleasure to have around. He even went shopping for the family Christmas tree today. He did a good job picking one out and he carried it in all on his own.

Strummer has been composing his own music. It's not bad- in my completely unbiased opinion. I really enjoy seeing him so passionate about music.

Sgt. Dad is on his way home. He's been missed. It will be really great to watch him interact with Ranger- soldier to soldier.

Ranger brought a fellow soldier over today to do his laundry and enjoy a home-cooked meal. I made chicken wings (Ranger's favorite). I also made Christmas Cookies. I think that's only the second time in my adult life!

As for me, I made a new friend this week. She has twin baby boys. They are about 3 months old and SO adorable. Her husband was away also and she needed help, so I went over to help her out at bedtime. It was so exhausting but nice. I enjoyed holding, feeding, and rocking the little guy. They were good babies but still, two babies and one mama is a lot of work. I'm glad she asked for help.

So, that's it. I'm off to bed. It's a long week but, happily, next week is short and then VACATION time! Whooo Hoo!

No comments: