Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Worth Staying Up For

Ranger is on his way! I just gave his his wake up call (it's 3am for him, 11 pm for me). He's got to catch a bus to Atlanta for the airport and he'll be here tomorrow afternoon! I'm am SO excited! It's really a shame that Sgt. Dad is out of town. I *think* Sgt Dad will be back on the 18th. These military guys- too much travel.
Sgt. Dad is in Japan for a training exercise. He was pretty excited about getting to go back there. We really enjoyed our time there. I'd like to go back sometime but if I had to choose between visiting Japan again or someplace new- I'd pick new. We are trying to save up airline miles so that *maybe* I can go with him to Thailand in February. Probably it won't work out but it's fun to dream.
Strummer is really enjoying his guitar lessons. Tonight I went in to observe; I hadn't done that since his first couple of weeks. I can see that he really is doing well and he really admires his teacher. I'll try to catch a little video of him playing one of his favorite songs. (I realize I'm totally biased)
Tonight I turned in my last paper for my English course. What a relief! I did not enjoy this class at all and it was a real effort for me to complete my work. I don't have any more English for the degree I've chosen- yippie! I'm planning on taking Math this spring. I think I'll actually enjoy it because it will be a challenge. Sgt Dad and I are planning on taking the placement test when he gets back. I hope we'll place at the same level. I'm counting on him to help me and it will be much better if we are in the same course.
Anyway, now that Ranger has been roused, it's time for me to hit the sack!
See ya!

No comments: