Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weekly Update

Well, not much went on around here this week. Work, home, sleep, repeat. Sgt. Dad left for a training exercise in California. I guess that's the only news. He was scheduled to leave sometime next week but plans changed and he had to leave early. He said it was 104 degrees at 7 pm the day he arrived. Compared to the low 50s we've been experiencing here- that's quite a shocker! He said others who had arrived from AK earlier in the week had been passing out from the heat. I remember last summer, after we'd first arrived here in AK, we met a National Guard member from Nome. The temperature that day was around 70 degrees. I was almost cold- to the point of debating whether or not I wanted to put on a sweater. She, on the other hand, was complaining of the heat and was perspiring. It's amazing to me. Having just moved up here from NY, I felt the weather cool, yet she felt it HOT. Fast forward to this summer and I'm more acclimatized. I mean, it hasn't feel hot enough to me to make me want to wear shorts and I still at least carry a sweater every day but I'm not shivering. Ranger is about half way through his training. He seems to be doing well. He doesn't sound like he regrets his decision. He seems to enjoy firing his weapon. I guess all those hours playing Halo and Call of Duty have paid off a bit.
Tater is enjoying his freedom but having difficulty understanding curfew and the need for it. He's a good kid though and really doesn't give us much trouble.
Strummer is doing fine as well. We've been pestering him to spend more time practicing his guitar as his lessons aren't cheap and we want to see him progress. He does really enjoy it. It's hard for him because he wants to be able to play like a pro despite having only had lessons for a few months.
Did I mention that I moved my office location? I now have this great window and my plants are in love with it! They have grown so much since I've moved! I have one plant that I can't identify. I'll have to post a picture of it and ask for help. I'd like to know how to best care for it.
So, that's a the news that's new (I know that's so cliche!).
Bye for now!

No comments: