Friday, March 20, 2009

Braveheart News

Well, this will be a short one since I'm at work and don't want to take advantage and I don't have much news.
Braveheart is doing well. He called this morning and chatted. He says he's been very busy but can't really tell much about what he's been doing. So far everyone is safe. He was amazed at the darkness of the night there and the number of stars he can see. He's seen camels carrying sheep and little children! He talked about how different life is for the Afghan people. He said most of them live in mud huts without electricity. He talked about how strange it is not seeing power lines. That's about it. Over time he'll learn more about what he can share and I'll pass on what I can. I'm just glad he's been calling regularly. I always feel such relief when I hear his voice and he sounds good!

1 comment:

cj said...

What a great experience for him to have. It's so nice that he is able to call and talk to you.