Saturday, February 24, 2007

Post Three

So today I pretty much feel like I got run over by a truck. OK, I'm exaggerating but I don't feel well. I've got a minor cold and feel run down.
It was a nice day today. The sun was out and we had light flurries this morning. Not enough to stick but they were so pretty falling in the sun. I have to say that I do enjoy snow but not the bitter cold wind that is so common up here.
I'm not sure if it's windy frequently in Alaska or not but I know we're in for a lot of snow up there. I'm actually looking forward to the adventure of living there. I've been looking at pictures and reading many websites about the state and I am looking forward to experiencing that kind of beauty first hand. I hope to be able to travel around the state and see as much wildlife as possible.
I'm reading Stephen King's Lisey's Story right now. It's really good. He was a way of writing that just sucks you right in as if you are there with the characters. At any rate, his style of writing is much like my own. Not that I'm an author but it seems to be the same way I think. Make sense? I would LOVE to write my own novel. I have ideas that float around in my head but nothing solid, not yet anyway. I guess everyone wants to be the next JK Rowling. :-)
Well, I'm off to take my youngest to the mall so he can hang with his (girl) friends.

1 comment:

cj said...

Do you think you'll get big storms with lots of snow like New York in Alaska? I wondered if they don't have as much annual snowfall. For sure it will be cold. I hope that you get to travel and see a lot of beautiful country and wildlife in Alaska. I'm jealous!