Sunday, March 11, 2007

Post Eleven or Things to Do in Alaska

So, I've been reading up on Alaska and I've really started to embrace this move. I am actually getting excited! At first, I thought Ken was crazy and I really didn't want to go. Now, I have started a mental list of all the things I want to experience when I get there. On that note, I have decided to post the list here. As we get to do these things, I'll cross them off the list (and blog about the experience of course).

  1. Go Panning for Gold
  2. Go Camping & Salmon Fishing
  3. Drive Through Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel to Whittier, AK
  4. See the Northern Lights
  5. See the Start of the Iditarod
  6. Go to Denali National Park
  7. See Glaciers
  8. See Moose, Goats, Bald Eagles
  9. See the Pipeline

Here are a couple links to useful websites about Alaska.

http://www.themilepost.com/

http://www.alaska.com/

1 comment:

The Mama of the House said...

Please, oh please may I come, too? With unlimited money I'd love to take an Alaskan cruise with my family. (I'd like a European cruise, too but let's just focus on Alaska.) It's just the idea of the Northern lights that thrill me. Like I said on your sister's blog, I love the treasure hunt God gave us. Hmmm, maybe I ought to blog on that myself.