Monday, May 7, 2007

Post Eighteen or Alone Again

Well, Sgt Dad has gone back to Korea. This time he'll be gone for three weeks. Then I get him back- for good I hope! Things here are quickly falling back into the old routine. I can't wait for a new one. I'm so tired of doing it all on my own.
On to good news. Youngest son had his final orchestra concert before he begins his high school journey. The orchestra sounded great as did the band. The chorus however was not for me. I've never been a fan of chorus. To be honest, the drums of the band are my favorite. In fact I really wanted my kids to be in band but none of them stuck with it. At least Sgt Dad enjoys drum playing- I'm not so sure my neighbors appreciate it though. ;-)
We are planning a big family BBQ here in June. I guess it will the our last hurrah here. We should begin our journey to Alaska the last week of June. I can't wait to start the trip! I plan on blogging the trip and sharing photos. I sure hope we enjoy our new home!

1 comment:

cj said...

Oh, a family BBQ sounds like so much fun! I know it seems like forever to you, but I can't believe that you are leaving for Alaska so soon. For some reason it was comforting to me knowing that you were living in Rochester. Please, definitely, log your trip to Alaska with plenty of pictures. I'm so excited for you!