Saturday, May 26, 2007

Post Twenty One or Prom Night

So Prom Night 2007 came. My first child's first prom! So Scary! But doesn't he look handsome? So, now it's every parent's nightmare- waiting, hoping your child makes good decisions. Hoping everything you've tried to teach them has stuck. Don't drink, no sex, no drugs. If your friends do, call home for help. Scary, scary! Yet, it's a rite of passage that I wouldn't want him to miss out on. The stubborn boy refused to take a date since he isn't licensed and was too ashamed to have "mommy" drive. However, as I drove off I saw him with a GROUP of young ladies and I don't think he'll have a bad time at all.
tick tock-- is the night over yet?

3 comments:

cj said...

Wow! He does look handsome. And he looks so much like his Dad. I remember the night that you and Ken went to the "prom." It doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Remember your polka dot dress?

The Mama of the House said...

Yikes! You have one good-looking boy! I am really not looking forward to the days when my children head out for dances and the like. I'm still terrified of sending them to school at all! Sadly, moms have to come to the fact that children grow and maybe I will someday!

The Mama of the House said...

I've been meaning to ask you what Kakoii means. I'm assuming it's Hawaiian (cj also told me that) but she's unsure of the meaning, too. Do you mind letting us know?