Sunday, November 11, 2007

Winter Wonderland


Well, not only did it snow most of yesterday, it snowed most of today as well. This pictures is the scene from this morning-around 11 am. Bear in mind, that it continued to snow until after 5 pm.

As you can see, no plow has been through. As I sit here writing, still now plow has been through. Now I understand why everyone here has snow or studded tires. It's because they don't keep up with the roads! The only place that looked well plowed was the highway. All the other roads were packed snow with sand and gravel thrown on top for traction. Let me tell you, it was really fun driving today! Middle son took the money he is allowed to spend and bought himself a Nintendo Wii today. It was alot of money to spend but he's still saving half of everything he earns for a car. On the way back from the store we saw a Jeep had gone off the road and rolled over. He appeared to be okay and police were on the scene. It was a good reminder to remain vigilant on the road. I'm very cautious because of my mishaps last year but it a visual aid never hurts! The gravel does seem to help, I only slid a little bit once, when turning out of a store. The rest of the time I just rumbled along on the gravely ice. On the way home from grocery shopping earlier in the afternoon, middle son and I saw a family of moose grazing along the side of the road. They are alot easier to spot with the white background! They blend it so well to the normal greenery. Now that winter is here, we should see them more easily.

I guess that's about all I have to say today. Sgt Dad will be back sometime next weekend- Lord willing and weather permitting!

No comments: