Thursday, May 1, 2008

Aces

So, Sgt Dad called me at work about 3 oclock this afternoon to ask me if I want to go to a hockey game. To which I replied, "Yeah! Why?" He then informed me that he had been given two tickets to see the Alaska Aces playoff game for tonight. I don't know if I previously mentioned that I had been wanting to go to a hockey game but I have. So, I bailed on my gym date and met Sgt Dad for dinner and the game. It was really fun! We left with just a minute remaining with the Aces losing 5-4. On the way home, I was mentioning to Ken that maybe we shouldn't have left because remember the Bills game when the fans left thinking it was all over and they pulled off the biggest comeback in NFL history. So, I found the game on the am station and sure enough they pulled out a tie! We thought about turning around to go back and watch overtime but decided against it. As of now I don't know the result of the game but I hope they pulled out a win. As you know I'm not a big sports fan but it sure is fun to watch a game live!

Update: This just in- Aces won in overtime. Boy are we dumb for leaving early! I bet we missed alot of fun cheering!

1 comment:

cj said...

Hockey games are fun! We NEVER leave early because it's such a fast game you never know what can happen. Good job to the Aces, I see in the photo that they were down 3-1 and they ended up winning!