Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Little Bit of Nothing

So, as you may have noticed, nothing is going on. I have been going to the gym and I feel like I've got no chill time. I DO feel better though. It's good to take control of yourself. I'm back on Atkins after a brief and unsucessful attempt at Glycemic Impact. I just have to go with what works for me. Today I used a new excerbike. It was AWESOME! It has moving handles and a video screen that simulates a variety of rides. It has a pacer too. You can create an account and ride with (or against) your own ghost. For a competitive person like me this can be really motivating. I LOVED it! I told Sgt. Dad that a pair of those at home would be awesome- as competitive as the two of us are we could really get ourselves into shape (or possibly kill ourselves trying to one up the other).
Ranger recently won an endurance competition with a friend. The challenge was to be the last person to go to sleep. I'm not sure how long he lasted but he was up a really log time!
Tater has also started going to the gym. He goes with his friends after work. It's kind of late for him but I've been letting him go. As long as he gets up for school and keeps up with homework I feel it can't hurt.
Strummer has been campaigning for a "skip day". I guess I should be grateful that he's asking for permission and not scheming for ways to get away with skipping school. Of course, Sgt Dad comes home everyday for lunch so it would be really hard for him to get away with skipping.
I made yet another ill-fated attempt at cutting Lexi's hair. I have her ears trimmed unevenly along with most of the rest of her body. I don't know how a licensed hairdresser can't manage to trim a dog properly!
At least I can see her eyes again.
Now, I'm off to bed- it's past my bedtime and the sky is just about dark!

No comments: