Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ranger News


Well, I'm am still uninspired as to Ranger's new nickname, so, I guess I'll just stick with it.

Ranger got his orders this week for Afghanistan. Wow was that tough for me. It just made me realize that he's not going in some vague future but very soon.

Last Tuesday Fort Richardson hosted a big predeployment ceremony at Sullivan Arena. The governor, Sarah Palin, was the main speaker. I was very impressed that she attended the entire ceremony AND stayed after the ceremony for a couple of hours, shaking hands and posing for countless myspace photos with young soldiers off to fight this war on terror. Whatever your political leanings may be, you have to respect a politician who will take that amount of time to honor the soldiers. I do anyway.

No comments: