Saturday, January 19, 2008

Avoid the Noid

Do you remember the Domino's Pizza commercials from the late 80's? During the time that I had started dating Sgt Dad, Domino's was in the midst of these commercials where the annoying Noid stomped on pizzas or created other mischief to ruin pizza. I thought the thing was really cute. While watching TV together one day, we saw a promotion that included a Noid doll giveaway with a pizza purchase. I happened to mention how cute I thought the thing was. The very next day Sgt Dad showed up to see me with 2 pizzas he had bought solely for the purpose of getting this Noid doll for me- which turned out to be this little, two inch tall, plastic figurine. He was a bit disappointed as he thought it would be a plush doll (so did I). At any rate I didn't care because this was the very first thing that Sgt Dad bought for me and the thought behind it has always meant to much to me. As you see from the picture it's not in the best shape. That is mainly because my little brother kept stealing it and chewing on it. I used to get so mad at him for doing that and begged my Mom to make him leave it alone! He was old enough to know better as he was 9 years old at the time. He finally left it be and I have managed to save it all this time. This was WAY back in 1987 and I still have the silly little doll! Such a simple little item yet for me it holds so much sentimental value!


1 comment:

cj said...

I remember the Noid! I had no idea that you had kept that doll for so long. That is really cool. One of my favorite gifts from my dear hubby is a 9x13 pan. We did not have one when we were first married and there were several times while cooking when I really could have used one. So, dear husband went out one day, for no reason, and brought home a 9x13 pan. If he gave me one today, I would be less than thrilled, but at the time when we had little money, and it was something I really needed...it was a special gift.