Sunday, January 20, 2008

Beautiful


Recently, I snapped this picture of the mountains at sunset. Alaska is so beautiful. I once read that a famous explorer said that Alaska was so beautiful that one should see all the world first and Alaska last because there is nothing else to compare to the beauty of Alaska and once having seen Alaska that your eyes would be ruined for the rest of the world. I wish I could find it to quote it exactly but that was the gist of the quote. I have not seen all the world but I can attest to the great and awesome beauty of this land!

2 comments:

cj said...

Alaska is beautiful. I just watched the finale of Amazing Race where their final destination was Anchorage. The scenery was incredible! I can't wait to get up there to visit Alaska with you.

joker said...

Isn't that stunning!

Hey, I like your blog. I think it is cool... I'll be back for more, keep it up!

Do drop by my blog and have a look.

http://1jokeaday.blogspot.com