Monday, January 7, 2008

Nature Poem

by Middle Son

As I looked down the hill with my board safe in the rut
I could tell something would happen in the bottom of my gut
When pushed down the hill with a feeling of doubt
I went faster and faster but only to wipe out

Picking my face up out of the snow
Feeling embarrassed I kept my head low
Now my only challenge was finishing this hill
Although it's not as easy as a Halo kill

Over and over I made the same mistake
But I would finish the hill no matter how many tries it would take

***************************************************************


Nature Journal
by Middle Son

The peacefulness of the woods around
Covered with snow and my friends in sight
Making the snow fall with a giant bound
Not only for mine but others delight

The snow twisted and swayed as it fell from the tree
While others ran under like teenagers do
As the teens emerged happy and free
Everyone else wanted to do it too

One tree after another the snow was falling
With a big smile on everyone you saw
Just when it got fun Ms. Farrell started calling
It was time to leave but we were missing a Dahl

Only minutes later she returned, we followed the paths
And only a little while later we returned to class.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I could feel the cold from your descriptions. I liked this very much. You must keep writing!