Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's Official

Well, Ranger passed his physical yesterday and swore in. He will be leaving for Basic Training near the end of May- assuming he passes his courses and graduates. Of course, we have no reason to think that he won't. He seems at peace about his choice and somehow older. We took him out to dinner for his favorite chicken wings to celebrate last night. (I'm always happy for an excuse not to cook!)
In other news, I confessed to Middle Son that I posted his poetry and amazingly he was not too upset. He did want me to be sure to realize that he wrote that in a rush- about 5 minutes. Which leads me to wonder- what is he capable of if he really puts an effort into it? He also would like a real nickname. I've been trying to think of something more original than Middle Son that would capture his essence. He would like me to use the nickname that his friends gave to him- Tater. Therefore, Middle Son will henceforth be known as Tater. (I'm still working on Youngest Son- he has such a big personality, I really want a name that will capture the wonder that is he!)
My big television is acting up. It's making some kind of noise from the back. It's hard to describe; it's kind of like a mix between static and the sound of running water. Of course it's out of warranty and now I have to decide whether to pay to fix this behemoth TV that I've never liked or *choke* buy a new one. Then there is always the option of going TV-less. Okay- those of you that know my family can now pick yourselves up off the floor and stop laughing before you get a stomach ache! I know, TV-less is not really an option. Apparently, Sgt Dad can barely hear the noise but it's enough that Army Kids and I cannot stand to use the TV. I'm not sure but I think my most favorite program, Lost, comes back on tonight! Ack! Also, something weird happened with our DVR and all our personal settings and saved shows are GONE! AND Sgt Dad's screen went out on his laptop. Maybe there's something weird going on with our wiring- or a "ghost in the machine". LOL. We have always had the worst luck with electronics.
I had a strange dream last night involving travelling through a desert, past a military base, and to my aunt's house all while riding a tricycle pulling my kids in a wagon. What is that about?? It was much more detailed than that but I know other people's dreams are boring. I guess my mind is in turmoil with all the recent goings on regarding Ranger. One recent dream would make a great horror. I'm thinking about actually trying to write it as a short story.
Remington seems to think he's a lap dog. He's finally starting to sit at my feet. He ignored me as he settled in and I was worried for a bit but he's come around. As I sit here writing, Lexi is right at my side as always and Remmy is sleeping under my feet. I love it! I really, really missed Blackie. I used to complain about tripping over him in the kitchen but a part of me really loved having him around. I will always miss him and Remmy is not a replacement which is why I didn't even consider another black lab. However, Remmy does fill that missing part of my life. I thought I didn't want the responsibility but I've gotten used to having a big dog and really like it.
Well, I have to leave for work in 30 minutes so I better quit rambling and go make myself presentable!
~till next time~

2 comments:

cj said...

Good news! As a fellow lost addict, I am happy to report that the first episode does not air until Jan. 30. It is a repeat. I'm assuming it will be last season's finale or some kind of catch up episode. Sorry that you're having so many dreams. I take cod liver oil, and it really helps me sleep more soundly. I like how you have nicknames for your family. I have tried to think of some for my family, but I'm not very creative in that way. Maybe you would have some suggestions.

Unknown said...

I think it could be sun spots affecting your gear ???