Sunday, January 13, 2008

Renaming Oldest Son

We've had quite a week with Oldest Son aka Eagle and now I'll rename him Ranger. Ranger has decided to enlist in the Army and his goal is to become a Ranger. It will be very difficult for me because I know what a dangerous profession that is. However, I believe he will be a very good soldier and I'm happy that he has direction in his life. I had hoped to steer him into architecture or something else safer but he has his own mind. I guess I knew all along that at least one of my boys would follow their father into the service. Ranger will leave for basic in May just as soon as his diploma is issued.

In other news, we have added to our family. We have a new dog named Remington. He is a 75 pound American Bulldog mix. He's a year and a half old and very sweet and well behaved. Whoever game him up had done a good job training him. I can't imagine why anyone would part with him. Ranger is of course disappointed that we didn't get him a Malamute. He'll just have to wait until he has his own family to get one of those dogs. Middle Son is very happy with Remmy. Youngest Son kind of wanted another smaller dog. Sgt Dad and I love the big baby with his dumb, happy smile.

1 comment:

cj said...

Remmy is so cute! I'll keep Ranger in my prayers.