Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mall of America

Boy am I tired! We got to the Mall of America right at opening yesterday- 10am local time. I was actually surprised that it wasn't crowded. I was expecting large crowds since it is summertime. For those of you Rochestarians who are following my journey, the amusement park section is about like Sea Breeze all packed tightly together. There are two roller coasters, a log flume, and an assortment of other rides. It is a great idea to have an indoor amusement park. You can play year round. Perhaps someone should consider building one of these grand malls in the Buffalo-Rochester area....
At any rate, many of you know that Cody doesn't like to ride the rides. However, we convinced him to try all the rides- and now he's an amusement park lover like the rest of us! He was the one pushing us after just a few rides. He rode all day!! We closed the park down! Let me backtrack a bit though. We rode from 10 until about 1 and stopped for lunch. Then we "cut the boys loose" and let them have the run of the park while we shopped the Mall. About 3 o'clock we were all ready for a break and walked back to the hotel for a swim. Let me tell you- my feet were ready to fall off! I could have kept on going if it wasn't for them screaming! By 5 the boys were ready to play again so they went on ahead while I finished the laundry and Ken took a nap. We met up again about 6:30 for dinner. Ken was tired of riding so he went back to the hotel while the boys and I closed the park down! All in all a good time was had by all! This was a great idea!
I think we'll make it as far as Minot, ND today. We may continue staying at Days Inn since they seem to have all we want and a generous military discount. Of course, state by state their quality could waver, so we'll keep our options open.
Now, I need to get this family up and fed to we can hit the road! See ya tomorrow!

1 comment:

cj said...

Sounds like you had a great family experience at the Mall. What a wonderful diversion. I hope you bought something fun for yourself.