Friday, June 15, 2007

To the Sea


So, I got up early this morning and enjoyed a walk along the Atlantic, picking up shells for my little sister who loves them. It was so pleasant and the temperature nice, unlike yesterday when I was COLD! I spied a romantic- he was writing John & Deb in the sand and took a picture of it for her! Had I known what he was doing I would have snapped a picture but I thought he was just searching for shells like myself. Then as I walked futher an older, French couple flagged me to point out a sea turtle making it's trek back to the sea. It just plodded along. Had I not ran out of battery power I would have captured video. After I saw it swim away I traced it's path back up to the sand dunes hoping to be able to see a nest of buried eggs. I couldn't find any mounds so I don't know if that was the reason it had travelled so far or not. After all, I'm no marine biologist. I'm not a "morning person" per se but I did enjoy the early morning walk. Although, Mom would say it wasn't early morning at all (7am)!

5 comments:

The Mama of the House said...

You changed your template and I love the new colors! WOW! Just that you get to walk along the Atlantic whenever time allows is amazing to me. And you saw a sea turtle to boot! For it's sake, I hope it did lay some eggs for the species to perpetuate. I really have to visit the East Coast one of these days.

cj said...

7 am is early, at least for me! The ocean is so relaxing, isn't it. I'm glad that you had this opportunity to spend some time there. Now, I'm off to finish packing for our trip to the beach. Keep the updates coming!

Karen Hamilton said...

Love the pictures! 7 am is pretty early and a great time to get such great shots! Love, Mom!

Unknown said...

Jenn..heard about the unfortunate "thing" with the title.abviously it has been corrected?? The ocean pics are beautiful...hope you LOVED NYC!! Love the blog..(definately a great read!!) Miss you much!!! CAn't wait to read more!!! Email me sson..dka1216@hotmail.com

Kati said...

What a lovely morning on the beach!! I'm very jealous that you got to see a sea turtle plodding back to the ocean!!

Hope you're enjoying your final days in NY very much, and not working at packing too hard!!

Kati