Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ozzy & Harriet Go to NYC


So, we did make the trek to NYC after leaving our car for shipping in Edison, NJ. However, we didn't get clear directions from the guys at the shipping office who knew where to go view the great Lady Liberty and instead relied on the GPS unit. It went crazy in NYC. We're not sure if the tall buildings interferred with the signal or the incredible mass of traffic and slow speeds. At any rate, it brought us to the Staton Island Ferry and the view from there is not great. Had we gone to Liberty Park (as the shipping men suggested it would have been better). However, I did get my NYC trip out of my system. For the record, I will never attempt to drive in NYC again. I would love to go back; for while I detested the driving conditions, I LOVED the hustle and bustle and even the sounds of honking horns! It was fantastic! I will fly in to NYC and use the subway to get around. I imagine it's much, much easier. We passed Wall Street, drove on Broadway, I saw the Empire State Building, walked through some of Battery Park, and of course snapped my long distance shot of the Statue of Liberty. We drove past Ground Zero. We couldn't really see anything because new construction has begun and barriers are erected around the site. I can't imagine the horror of that day and those poor people attempting to run to safety. It was nice to see the new construction going on there. We drove through Holland Tunnel and Lincoln Tunnel. I think the world over is familiar with all the sites of NYC. It was exciting to be in a place I've heard so much about. I attempted not to gawk like a tourist but, being a tourist, I did.

2 comments:

cj said...

There she is, the famed Lady! I knew that you would love the city experience. If you really like the honking horns, you should visit Bangkok, or China. They are not at all shy about using their car horn.

Mo said...

well jen I just wrote a book and then had to sign up for an account in order to leave a comment...hence it is now gone!! Errr.
more later