Saturday, September 8, 2007

Are you ready for some football???




I've noticed that soccer mom's have the reputation but it's football mom's that are truly nuts! At least I must be! I sat out in the cold, 52 degrees, and rain through two and a half hours of a game I don't like, all to see my child on the field! The first half of the game was so miserable! It just steadily rained and the wind blew! Despite wearing two jackets and a tarp and using an umbrella, I got pretty wet. During half-time, Sgt Dad, Middle Son and I went to a laundromat to dry our jackets and blanket. It was a pretty good idea. The warm dry clothes went a long way towards reheating our frigid bodies. For the second half, the rain finally let up and it went so much faster.
Our team got creamed- again. It stinks! However, our school has 800 students in comparison to the other area schools which have about 1600+ students. At least I got to see my son on the field a couple times. Today was the other team's homecoming. There were some crazy teens in the home team stands sans shirts- in this weather!



All-in-all I'm glad I went. I wanted to leave in the worst way but couldn't allow myself to go home, miss my son playing all the while he is standing out there without any of the comforts I had brought along for myself. I figured if he could be out there in short sleeves and take it, I could manage with all the gear I had brought!

1 comment:

cj said...

Wow, sis, that sounds miserable. But how exciting to see your son out on the football field. Go, team, go!