Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Restaurant Review II

Last night Sgt Dad wanted to "carbo-load" before his PT test this morning; so, we decided to try a new restaurant. We went to Muldoon Pizza and Fine Italian Dining. He ordered spaghetti and meatballs and I ordered the antipasto salad. We shared an order of chicken wings. While waiting for our food, I visited the restroom. Had I visited it before ordering, we never would have eaten there. That was a disgusting, filthy bathroom! There were layers of grime on the light switch, door, and soap dispenser. In the corner was a build up of layers of black dirt. I guess it was from being pushed in there by a rag mop. It didn't smell bad so I could tell they wipe it down regularly but not really clean it. UGH! So I had the heebie jeebies and that may have tainted my opinion of the food- NOT! The spaghetti was way past al dente and the sauce was terrible. The meatballs tasted like mushy frozen meat-like products. My salad was fresh but only iceberg lettuce and the dressing was basically only vinegar. I can barely comment on the wings. They were clearly baked and not fried and lightly breaded. TERRIBLE! We had ordered a pizza to-go to bring home for the boys. Surprisingly, it was pretty good. However, in light of the condition of the bathroom, I would not ever get food from them again.
We are still having connectivity issues with our ISP. Last night they said that the problem was with the upload and located at the pole. They had to call another team to come and repair that. However, last night we had high winds and it wasn't safe for them to climb the pole. Hopefully they will be out today to complete the repair and hopefully that is really the source of the problem. It's really frustrating when you sit down to accomplish something online and you can't get on. I was going to post last night but lost connection and it didn't come back up before I went to bed. Grrrr!

No comments: