Friday, September 7, 2007

Happy Birthday Tater!


Today was Tater's 16th birthday! I can't believe it! We took him (and Strummer but not Eagle since he was at football practice) to the Bear Tooth for dinner and a movie. This restaurant/movie theater is a popular local attraction. They took out every other row of theater seats and replaced them with dinner tables. So you enter the theater and pay only $3 per person then order your food. Then they give you an orange cone w/ a number on it. You then go into the theater and find your seat/table, put your cone on the table and enjoy the movie while waiting for your food to be cooked and then delivered to your table. We saw Evan Almighty. It was a good movie! We did learn that it's best to get there a bit early or your order will be last (like ours was) and wasn't the best food we ever had. However, overall it was a great experience and we'll do it again. For the four of us we spent about $55 which is the same or less than just going to a regular movie and having snacks. Tater really enjoyed it! After dinner I couldn't wait any longer and gave him his birthday present without even wrapping it. He got Guitar Hero II for XBOX 360. He was really happy. Then we stopped at the grocery store and bought cake and his favorite ice cream- mint chocolate chip. Yes, I totally cheated on my diet! So, when we got home, I sang a solo Happy Birthday as Sgt. Dad and the other two boys did not join in. Poor Tater! I hope his ears will recover before next year! I think Tater had a good birthday. We'll try to take him tomorrow to get his permit.
So, that's about all that's going on worth mentioning tonight. I'm tired after a long week and I'm off to bed. G'nite!

1 comment:

cj said...

Happy Birthday, Tyler! I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to sing along with your Mom. I'm sure I would not have improved her singing, however...so maybe you should be thankful that I wasn't there. It sounds like you had a fun birthday celebration.