Thursday, September 27, 2007

Observations

Military bases have banned the use of handheld cell phones while driving. Here in Alaska they do not fool around! The penalty for a first offense is a 30 day post driving privilege suspension. (and don't even think of speeding in a school zone - that's one year!) It's enough of a deterrent that I won't even consider picking up that phone. I do use the hands-free option, which is legal. However, today as I was driving around the post I made an interesting observation. I was driving behind a Hunter Green Tahoe. This driver had a Military Police sticker proudly displayed across his rear window. Normally this is a good indication of someone's military occupation specialty. In fact, I think Sgt Dad's car would look pretty cool with Drill Sergeant across the rear, but I digress. When the Tahoe and I approached a stop sign, I got a very clear view of the male driver holding a cell phone to his ear and yakking away. Very interesting choice of activity for someone who has given the indication that he, or perhaps his spouse, is an MP..............

2 comments:

cj said...

Good Grief!

Karen Hamilton said...

The same happens here with police officers.