Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Today's the 5th???

In case you live under a rock- today was my birthday. And what a day! It started off with a bizarre and vivid dream. I was visiting a friend who had adopted a daughter (not true- we both have sons only) and the new daughter (only two or three in the dream) was showing the house to me. It was a beautiful, huge Victorian and the little girl had several cubby-hole type "rooms" within her room all just big enough for twin mattresses- like lots of sleeping cubbies. Then I was talking with my friend and her husband on this large catwalk type Balcony looking out at a large stained glass window. I was asking if the window was original to the house and thinking it was impossible because look at how it's bowing even now with the wind. When suddenly the wind blew in the window! I don't remember the rest but it was so vivid! I nearly had to call her to see if she had adopted a little girl. At this point my obnoxious alarm was beeping and I hit it off and lay there with my eyes closed, trying hard to sleep but not really, when Sgt. Dad came barging in telling me one of the dogs had peed on the carpet. I grumpily realize that it's my birthday- 35- ugh! and drag myself out of bed to deal with the mess. So, I sop up the pee, soak it, steam clean it up, spray it with enzyme cleaner and realize it's 6:15 and I've only heard one boy moving around. They all have to catch the bus at 6:45 so I run upstairs and awake my younger two. I run back down and pack a "snack" of two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for oldest son to eat after school and before football practice. I don't have the heart to remind them it's my birthday. So off they go with out a reminder. Sighing, I got my newspaper and had a cup of coffee while completing the daily crossword. With the house to myself, I got ready in record time and left the house. It was then I realized Sgt Dad had gone by bicycle for PT and left the garage door up and I had to leave it open as I had also noticed his keys sitting on the kitchen counter. So, off to work I go leaving my home unsecured. Traffic was a bear. They even spoke about it on the radio how early rush hour was this morning.... I guess everyone tried to be early? I was feeling all bummed out and missing friends and family when I got to work. BUT when I booted up my computer and checked my email my day turned around! Mommy to the rescue! My Mom remembered my birthday! and so did my former co-workers! It SO made my day! I didn't tell anyone here, except my counterpart who actually had remembered. In fact, we were supposed to go to lunch together but he had something to do at noon and didn't come back until 2:30 and by then I didn't feel like going anywhere. By this time Sgt Dad had still not called and I was realizing that he was going to forget my birthday- again! At 2:45 my younger two boys called- they remembered and felt bad that in the rush this morning they hadn't! How sweet. After getting home I gave Sgt Dad plenty of hints and time to remember- but he didn't and I stubbornly refused to remind him. I bitterly cooked dinner and picked up oldest son from football. Oldest son remembered. He even cooked up an excuse to go out and buy me a card and a present! He usually is good to me. Sgt Dad finally realized what was up and blamed me for not reminding him!! LOL. He said- you can't ever keep a secret- why didn't you tell me. Anyway... that was my day. Tomorrow Sgt Dad will take me out for my belated birthday! Now that I'm an "old" lady I can't stay up late- I need my beauty sleep! Goodnight!

2 comments:

Kimberly Kreger said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jen!

cj said...

Oh sister, I'm sorry that your birthday wasn't more fun. Check my blog for another birthday wish. I guess I should have sent you an email to check it sooner! Happy Birthday, you are most certainly loved!