Friday, March 7, 2008

This is it? Winter's Over?

Well, we've had temps over freezing for the past two weeks. The snow is melting and looking all yucky! It freezes overnight and I swear you could ice skate on the sidewalks, it looks so smooth! I've nearly fallen more times in the past week than all the rest of winter added up. I keep waiting for winter to slam us one more time and come back. After all, this is Alaska, winters are supposed to be long and harsh. I'm left feeling like Rottenchester was worse. Granted we did have about two weeks of below zero temperatures but without the blustery wind that accompanies those temps in Rachcha, it wasn't that bad.

I'm still looking over my shoulder, wondering where winter is hiding and if it will pounce again.....

1 comment:

cj said...

Watch out, She probably will pounce when you least expect it! She often teases us in CO with blankets of green and pops of color, and then POW! A blanket of white. Enjoy your warmer temperatures!