Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Well, Tater earned his driver's license. He's very excited. He has already ran an errand for me. He drove himself to work (as you recall it's across the street). He's drooling with excitement over the freedom. I hope he is very responsible. I think he will be. Yet, I'll still keep an ear out for sirens whenever he's out and about.
I realize that my children are growing up but some days that reality just slaps me in the face. Day to day one gets wrapped up in caring for children, home, and work and one doesn't notice the time flying by. Sometimes though, it's impossible not to see it. Like today when I found this picture on Strummer's myspace:

It's Strummer and Tinkerbell looking like every other teenage couple. They look like they are having great fun with each other. As for me, it hit me straight in the face that my baby boy is not a baby boy anymore and another girl is firmly in his heart. All too soon he'll join his brothers in the licensed drivers club. For right now, I'll enjoy everyday I can with him and Tater before they go off to make their way in the world.

No comments: