Friday, June 6, 2008

Close Encounters

This morning while driving into town I spotted a yearling moose running towards rush hour traffic on the highway. He just kept going. All the traffic stopped for him and he bravely dashed out in front of all those cars and trucks. I was afraid there would be an accident. I saw a lot of brake lights and a flurry of hooves and legs everywhere. I guess he changed his mind despite being half-way across. He high tailed it back to the fence, dashed through the "moose gate" and back into the woods.
I got another letter from Ranger today. He said they issued his weapon and he was looking forward to training with it. They have already gone on the confidence course and said he was filmed will going over the walls. I hope that it makes it to his Basic video. He says he's hungry all the time (which I knew would happen) but he says it's because he gets "two minutes" to eat. His graduation is set for September 5th. (my birthday)
One final note: I grilled some chicken on the grill today that would make my Dad proud. It was so good and juicy. Usually I overcook it and burn it a little but today I got it right. Yum!

No comments: