Monday, August 6, 2007

It's Going to Be a Long Week!

Today Sgt Dad and I both had to work and the boys were on their own for the day. Sgt Dad works across the street- literally! He was able to come home for lunch. Ha ha! I didn't have to make it- I can imagine what went on here with all of them fending for themselves. I work about 20 minutes away so it's not feasible for me to come home. Once I get it together, I'll begin packing my lunch and following Atkins again. My plan is to go work out in the morning before work. Sgt Dad should be around to make sure that all the boys actually go to school and don't kill each other in the process of getting ready each day.
Tomorrow our main shipment arrives and the real work for us begins! I am looking forward to my bed but not to unpacking and finding places for all my STUFF! I have the next three days off to get organized and whatever isn't done I'll have to do in the evenings and weekends.
We had cable tv and internet hooked up Saturday evening. The tv is working great but the internet is not. We can connect for about an hour and then it goes down for random amounts of time. According to tech support we are not getting enough strong signal- so we have to wait until Wednesday for a trouble call to find out how to boost our signal. The phone service won't be active for another week. I have to admit that sporadic service, though very frustrating, is better than none at all.
Work is good so far. It seems like alot of general office work. Ordering supplies, filling out purchase orders, labels, updating student records, and on and on. The tempo is pretty laid back. I've even seen dogs (not service dogs) in the building! Maybe over time I'll get comfortable enough to bring in my little Lexi. She'd love sitting on my lap all day. Although, I do alot of running around and my lap wouldn't be constantly available.......
You can check out my department's website:
http://coe.uaa.alaska.edu
That's about it. I'll post at least a blurb tomorrow and maybe a picture of my house full of boxes.

1 comment:

cj said...

Yay! Getting your stuff delivered to you must be fun. You'll be able to settle in to your new home, even if it is a fair bit of work the reward will be comforting. That's great that Ken works right across the street. I'm so glad to hear that you have set some goals for your health. Maybe I will start working out before Drew leaves for work too. I just have a really hard time gettting out of bed in the morning-especially to do something that I do not enjoy. Love ya!