Wednesday, August 8, 2007

What is that??

The movers arrived yesterday about 8:30 and had all 11,000 pounds of my STUFF unloaded by 3pm. There were only two of them so I was amazed! There was a small, young man who was able to carry my big TV all by himself! That thing has to weigh around 200 lbs! The two of them carried my piano off the truck, up the garage stairs, over the landing and into my living room. They at least struggled with that. I was beginning to think they were superhuman or something! My TV stand did not survive the trip unfortunately. We went out to replace it last night so we didn't have to worry about our TV falling over. We had some hardware missing from furniture too. Other than that, so far anyway, everything seemed to arrive ok. We had a total of 245 boxes and furniture pieces. I managed to get through 8 boxes of kitchen items yesterday. Yikes! That is not a good rate! Of course I wasn't able to get started until 3pm. Clothes boxes will go alot faster anyway.
Blackie does not like to walk through our kitchen which is a problem because he has to in order to go outside for the bathroom. We are trying to coax him with food but he's too smart for us and high-tails it to his kennel whenever we attempt to get him in there. I'm not sure what we're going to do about this. Then he gets scared and nervous if we try to pick him up or pull him which leads to dribbles on the carpet. Poor old man. I feel sorry for him.
I didn't post last night because the internet wasn't up when I was ready to sit and relax. The cable company is coming today to fix us up right! I can't wait.
I'll try to post this evening with pictures.
See ya later!

1 comment:

Mo said...

I wouldn't mind trading places with you right now. Life has been a little rough around here. We had to let Fay go...and her pretty little doggy too(sorry a Wizard of OZ moment. I wish you were here for this one Jen. I could really use the Coffee Break. Anyway glad you are getting your stuff. It's always fun to plan to put things together and make it your home.
Loves
Mo
Oh how's Kyle's leg??
and football going??
what's up with the rest of the clan?