Thursday, August 30, 2007

Letting Go

Well, it is with great difficulty that I announce that my oldest son is leaving my home. After a great deal of consideration and tears, Sgt Dad and I feel that the best thing for Oldest Son is to allow him to go. He will move back to NY to finish out his Senior year of high school. He will live with Sgt Dad's Mom. I will surely miss him but think it's better that he be happy. I think he'll get more out of school if he isn't completely miserable. Time will tell if we made the right decision or not. It is probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make. It will be a very different life for him than he is used to. He will have to take alot of repsonsibility for himself- laundry, cooking for himself, etc. I guess it will be like leaving for college a year early. I knew this day would come but thought I had another year or at least a few more months.
On the lighter side, the younger two boys have already called dibs on his room! I may let them change rooms around but Oldest son is always welcome home (and encouraged to come back!!!)
That's all the news and all I can handle as well!

2 comments:

Mo said...

I'll call you!!!

cj said...

Ohhh, sister. I know that must have been a difficult decision for you. I know that you were not expecting him to leave home this year, and that will make it hard to say goodbye. At least you can have peace in knowing that he is God's child and he will be taken care of. I just don't understand how your child can be old enough to be on his own. Love and Hugs!!! I will pray for you and your family.