Thursday, August 9, 2007

Moving Day III

It's the end of my third day off for moving. I am probably about 1/2 way done. I'm not sure why this is taking me so long. It seems like last year I got through much quicker...... hmmmm..... what could be the differing factor from a year ago? I guess I can't blame it all on Sgt Dad. I have had alot of other mitigating factors this year.
I spent the majority of today going with the boys through their school to get lockers, pictures, schedules, etc. I found out they have to get a shot- Hepatitis A. They had all had B but not A; my guess is that it is more common here.
After going through the school I took Oldest Son to the ER because of his hamstring pull. This morning he noticed significant bruising and showed it to me. It was then I realized that he had a groin pull and that it needed to be examined. The ER doc said he actually tore ligaments at the pelvic bone and he is not to play football until August 19th. He is to stay off of it and use crutches. At least it's not the end of his football season but it will have a major impact I'm sure.
My poor Blackie is having such a hard time with the kitchen. We are trying so hard to get him used to the linoleum floors. Today I have tempted him across the kitchen with leftover pork chops. He has a very hard time with the stairs out the back too. We'll try giving him analgesics to alleviate some of his discomfort but I'm starting to believe that his time is growing very short. It's not very often that I cry but last night it really hit me that Blackie won't be around forever.
Still no pictures. I know I've been teasing for days now but my camera is in the car (I keep it there at all times since I never know when I'll spot wildlife around here and don't want to miss an opportunity) and I'm too tired to go retrieve it.
We finally came up with a furniture configuration for our bedroom. It's ok but I'm not thrilled with it. At least I can finally unpack my suitcase. I'll probably get through the rest of my boxes this weekend- if not it will have to wait for next week.
Back to work tomorrow! I think it will actually be a nice break from moving. I'm hoping they have my employee number so I can be official. All the faculty will be returning next week so I expect to become very busy! Yeah! I love to work hard! For real- it makes the day just fly by!
That's all the news from the Land Up North!

2 comments:

Mo said...

Hey Jen I just finally got my employee number this morning.
Wooohooo I am a real boy! LOl jK Pinochio... emlpoyee that is...
ok all for now.
Loves
Mo

cj said...

Sorry about nephew's leg. Bummer. I'm sorry about Blackie too. You guys have been loving that doggie a long time. I'm glad to hear that you have made so much progress getting settled. You were expecting to have more done, but I guess my perspective is different since I don't move near as much as you. Please tell Mo that I can no longer link to her blog, I think I need the actual address to view it.