Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Gutter Ball, Spare, Gutter Ball, Strike!

My title describes the day using bowling analogies. We started off today by going to the housing office. We got the keys to see the house and Ken was not happy. He doesn't like the dining room. It's a very small square at the very front of the house. It's not very practical. Then he was very unhappy with the master bedroom layout. It's a long "L" shape and, again, not very practical. He couldn't figure out furniture placement for that all important bedroom TV. So, he was considering declining those and waiting for something else. However, all the four bedrooms are the same, so there is no point. (gutter ball) In addition, we would lose our TLA benefits (that means the Army would no longer pay for our hotel and daily meals). Therefore, we accepted those quarters. (Spare) So, we are set to actually sign for the quarters but they aren't ready paperwork-wise to be transferred to us. (gutter ball) We were told to come back later in the day to see if they are ready. In the mean time, we have had to check out of the hotel and now have no place to stay for the night, all the kids and dogs and STUFF are in the van. (double gutter ball) So, we go have lunch. Sgt Dad goes back to work. I go to get Youngest Son's military ID renewed- I need power of attorney and it's not on me. (gutter ball) It IS in the van and I find it. (Spare) So I got that renewed, stopped by the housing office (it's in the same building) and am told the paper work should be done by 3 and to come back then. (SPARE) I stopped by the lodging/hotel office (same building) and they DO have a room for us for tonight. (STRIKE) It's not clean yet (gutter ball), so we went bowling.(Spare) At three we went to housing, the paperwork was ready but we can't officially sign for and take possession until tomorrow. (gutter ball then spare)Finally it was time for Oldest Son's football practice so we checked into lodging and he went off to practice. Now I'm decompressing and can't wait to get moved in. The movers are coming on Tuesday, so we'll be camping out in the house for a few days. I'm just glad to have some space to spread out! I'm not sure how quickly we'll be able to get internet and phones so my posting may become sporadic. I guess you'll have to wait and see.
Oh and the biggest STRIKE- I got the job at UAA. I'm so happy! I can't wait to get started! It's such a relief to have that settled. No more interviews!!!!!
-Till next time.

4 comments:

Mo said...

Congratulations! I knew you would.
Soon you will be all settled and loving it!! And ou can take classes!!!! That is awesome!!!

Mo said...

Hey I posted a new post!!

Mo said...

On my blog I mean...

cj said...

I love your writing! Sounds like you had an exhausting day. I'm glad that you're starting to get all your ducks in a row, I know that you will feel better with everything settled even if the housing isn't ideal.