Saturday, July 14, 2007

Check Out/Check In

Well we checked out of army lodging by 11 yesterday. Then we went and had lunch. After that we shopped Wal-Mart for an hour. Which I have to say was surprising because this wasn't a super Wal-Mart but we had time to kill. We spent quite a bit of time in the sporting goods section because we all want to attempt Salmon fishing and we need equipment. LOTS of equipment. I'm not sure if we should invest in our own or rent it. Probably we'd only have to go about 3 times for it to pay for itself. But will we go more than once? Even in the middle of summer the water here is quite cold....
At any rate, after Wal-Mart I spied an antique shop and spent a fair amount of time in there while Ken and the boys waited in the van with the dogs. I was amazed that it was more than 30 mintues before someone came in the store to drag me out. I found a printers tray for $52 and an old laundry board for $32. The store is closing so she quoted me an additional 25% off. I just gotta convince Sgt Dad that we "need" that stuff!
So, we had an appointment at the bank at 2. We opened a local checking account and got a "free" cooler. It took an hour in there. After the bank we went bowling. Sgt Dad had an off day and Oldest Son and I killed him! We all had a good time though. By the time we were finished bowling it was time to see if army lodging had a no show and if we could get back in there. Low and behold- we got back in- for two days anyway. So, just keep praying and maybe we wont have to check out this time. Our next reservation for here begins on the 20th. We've almost got it covered.

See ya when I post again!

1 comment:

cj said...

It must be frustrating to live out of your car with so many of you!