Thursday, July 12, 2007

Eviction!

Well, our reservation has run out and they are all booked so tomorrow we must find another hotel. GRR. What a pain to pack all our STUFF up again! I had really hoped there would be some no-shows and we could extend our reservation and stay put. Fortunately, I do have another reservation for here starting on the 21st. Hopefully we'll be able to get back in sooner. We shall see. So, keep praying for us as it's also expensive to change places as most of the hotels charge a "cleaning" fee when you have pets.
In other news, the Army is about 1 month behind in reimbursements this summer. Needless to say we are living on a shoestring until we get paid back. Not fun. Ken and I are both not working now and it would be great if we could afford to do some sightseeing while waiting for our home to be ready. As it stands, we are entertaining ourselves with cheap (read free) activities such as working out, napping, and swimming. I have also taken up knitting. I've finally figured out how to turn each row and am nearly 2/3 of the way done with a scarf. I may even try a hat. Although I'm not sure I can manage that. I've read a book and started on my second. I'll also pick up the latest Harry Potter when it hits the bookstore next week. As for the boys- I think they would sit in front of a computer or tv all summer and not get bored.

2 comments:

cj said...

What a bummer, sis. I'm really sorry that you'll have to find another place. And how frustrating to have all that family time and no money to go exploring your new state. Hiking is free, but I seem to remember that you were not really a big fan of hiking.

Mo said...

Well it's still better than being without Ken, right?? But I know how much moving to hotel to hotel can be. Yuk. But you will do great!! And a Job will come for you when it's time. So Hey enjoy the working out and swimming and napping...it won't last forever!!
Loves
Mo