Thursday, July 19, 2007



So we have to "move" out of the hotel tomorrow unless someone checks out unexpectedly. Then we have our next reservation from Saturday all the way through to our (hopeful) move-in day. If all goes well we will move into our home here on the 1st of August. I am so ready to get settled.
In other news, I have an interview with the University of Alaska on Monday for an admin assistant position. Since I am hoping to continue my own higher education I am very interested in working for the university. I'll let you all know how it goes. I think I need to buy a pair of shoes and I'm debating whether or not slacks are a good image for an interview. I may purchase some kind of casual business suite for interviews. I guess it all depends on how rich I feel when I go shoe shopping.
I posted a couple pictures today. One is a cute one of Lexi all curled up with Sgt Dad. She looked so cute all cuddled up under the covers. The other is of the scarf I managed to knit. I need to add the tassles to complete it. It's not perfect which you all know drives me crazy but I think it's good enough and will keep me warm this winter.
The boys have school physicals on Tuesday and football practice should start on the 30th. Next week should be very busy with all kinds of paperwork and finalizing our move in dates. I guess I need to get serious about figuring out our telecommunications needs.....

2 comments:

cj said...

I hope that your interview goes well. I think dressy slacks are fine if they are paired with a blouse and the right shoes. I can't believe you made that scarf. I tried knitting once, and I just didn't get it. Maybe you could show me how to do it.

The Mama of the House said...

You made a scarf?!?!?!?!?!? Wow. I'm just not detailled oriented enough to even think about knitting a scarf. My mom-in-law knits the most beautiful things for the grandkids. It's just a lovely talent. Can I just make scrapbooks for my grandkids?

And good luck on that interview!