Monday, July 23, 2007

Civilization

Well, Anchorage is civilized after all. I found the "real" mall! Yeah! It's called the 5th Avenue Mall. It has all the stores one would expect from a major shopping mall. The only drawback I guess is parking. It's a big parking garage that is not free. Oh well, it will be nice in the dead of winter not having to hike a mile in the elements! It's probably as big or bigger than Marketplace but it goes up instead of being spread out. I know it seems simple and materialistic but I feel so much better knowing there is a "real" mall. I generally do most of my shopping at the PX and Commissary but it's nice to just go and shop sometimes. I also discovered all the tourist shops today. I can't wait to go exploring those.
I'm sure you're all on pins and needles waiting to hear the results of my interview. Well, I wasn't hired on the spot but that rarely happens. I guess I did very well and actually would not be surprised to be offered the position. I would think that unless someone with a background in an educational environment had interview I would be the top candidate. I am certainly well qualified for the position. We'll see how it goes. If it's the right job for me, I'll get it.
I totally lost my train of thought so that's it for today. See ya!

2 comments:

The Mama of the House said...

Good luck on your job! And it is nice to have the option of shopping at a mall. The PX is great but not as wonderful as a mall!

cj said...

Oh how I wish that I could explore some of those Alaskan tourist shops with you. Keep an eye out for any moose trinkets and you'll have a good gift for your sis!